Constituent Services

As your Member of Parliament, I am committed to assisting constituents when dealing with federal agencies, to ensure that services and benefits paid for with our tax dollars are dealt with in a timely manner. Examples of constituency requests include checking to ensure that all necessary documents have been provided to an agency, assistance and direction with appeals to agency decisions, replacements of lost documents, etc. Examples of federal agencies we work with include Canada Revenue Agency, Department of Veterans Affairs, Citizenship and Immigration, Employment Insurance, and the Canadian Pension Plan.

While the constituency office is not an intake point for government departments, we are able to make inquiries and facilitate communication when the usual time for processing has been exceeded.

If your concern is with a federal agency, first try to resolve the problem with the department yourself. Contact them with your issue, and once you have received a response, contact my office if you would like my staff to advocate for you.

According to the House of Commons Standards of Official Conduct, I cannot act as an attorney or offer legal assistance. While my staff and I will make our best efforts to assist you, please remember that federal agencies have discretion concerning decisions on individual cases and have the final say regarding the outcome.

How to Access Help:

1. Referring to the information provided above, ensure your question or problem is something my office can assist you with.
2. Gather the necessary documents, which may include correspondence with the agency (letters, decisions, notices, etc.), receipts for applications filed and fees paid, medical documentation (if applicable), financial records (if applicable), and/or other letters of support. Please remember to provide copies instead of original documents, unless specifically requested by my staff.
3. Please contact my constituency office by email or telephone.
4. You will be asked to sign a consent form before an inquiry may be made on your behalf.